Helios Cave House
HELIOS Cave house is located in the heart of old Oia, one of the most beautiful and desirable spots on the island. An additional advantage: It is ideally located just below the Castle, the famous sunset point of Oia, on the main pedestrian walkway leading to Ammoudi bay. Guests enjoy the unobstructed view of Oia’s famous sunsets from the lovely private terrace!
(Click for 360 view)
This cave house, as most cave homes, was built into the volcanic ash more than 150 years ago in the traditional way. In Santorini people built their houses partially underground or into the cliffs to be protected from the wind, the cold and the summer sun. At the same time, they used doors and windows for ventilation resulting in an open airy feel specific to historic Santorini architecture.
The house is 50 m² modernized and comfortable. It is a beautiful cave home that has a bedroom with a full bed with canopy, a loft with another full bed and a spacious living room with one sofa bed. Staying with tradition, there are no inside doors between the living and sleeping areas.
Our top-mattresses are made of combinations of natural rubber, seaweed, goose down, virgin wool, pure cotton and eucalyptus. Seaweed emits iodine to soothe respiration and eucalyptus lends its seductive fragrance. All the materials together, unified, interact and create ideal sleeping conditions. They “embrace” the body, ensuring that even the smallest curve is fully supported. Linen are silk/cotton and towels are of the best Egyptian cotton.
The roomy bathroom includes a shower. There is also a kitchenette. Furnished in traditional Greek island style and decorated with the owner’s original artwork, this property provides guests with a unique experience. The property is perfect for the solo traveler, a couple’s retreat or a family.
Oia is known for its beautiful cobblestone paths and staircases that wind through the town. The villa is easily accessible to all the town has to offer. From the villa, a 1 minute walk will take you to a variety of boutiques and restaurants, artisan shops and many exquisite opportunities for photographs. Also close by are many galleries and the famous Castle of Oia, known as “Sunset Point” of Greece! Oia is renowned for its sunsets. People gather on the walkways each evening for a glimpse of the breathtaking view as the sun drops into the sea. Within in 5 minutes you can walk to the bus and taxi terminal and information center or you can drive to three beaches near Oia. If you enjoy a hearty walk you can take the stairs down to Ammoudi Bay for a meal or a swim. The cave house is 2-3 minute walk from the Pool Bar “Lyogerma”.
Free public parking at the parking lot of the Post office, 2 minutes walking distance from the house.
Restaurant reservations, transfers, island tours and car hire service are available. Free private parking area is available, only 50 meters from the properties.
Guests enjoy breakfast/dinner at the romantic private veranda with panoramic, unobstructed views of the famous Oia’s sunset, Ammoudi port, the isle of Therassia, Ios and Anafi to the east and the extraordinary Caldera from the cave house’s patio.
- Sea and Sunset view
- Private patio and private terrace for guest’s exclusive use only.
- Private hot tub is available 2 minutes walking distance during Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday.
Not available from November 15th to March 15th
- Maid service daily (April-October), twice a week (Nov-Mar), change sheet, bath and beach towels every three days
- Flat-screen TV
- Air Conditioning
- Living and Dining area
- Electric kettle
- Coffee machine
- 1 Bathroom
- indoor Shower
- Free toiletries
- Excellent quality bed linen and towels
- Express check out service
- Free baggage carrying from Oia parking, (Post office/K.E.P.), to the residence location
- During your stay in HELIOS Cave House you will have the opportunity to enjoy our hot tub (up to 37 Celsius) which lies in our SUNSET TERRACE just two minutes away. It is available on Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. Not available from November 15th to March 15th
- Checking in time is at 14:00 at the earliest and checking out time is 12.00 at the latest
- A welcome assortment of bottled mineral water, wine, juice and fruits upon arrival
- Breakfast provisions: honey, butter, marmalade, milk, fruits, eggs, wheat bread, cereals, 3 kinds of coffee and tea, cocktail of herbs. In the morning we may occasionally offer a tasty Greek delicacy for free
- Daily maid service, change sheet every three days, bath towels every 2 days
- Rates are for two (2) persons excluding exchange rates or bank transfer fees
- One child under 6 years old, stays for free
Our stay at Helios was magnificent
We had no idea Helios Cave House would be so special
What can I say. Our 3 year anniversary dream
Let’s just say we had front row, private rooftop seats every night to the greatest show on Earth – The breathtaking sunset.
Waking up to the views and relaxing on our private patio watching the sun set over the sea… it’s magical.
Staying at Helios Cave House was one of the most memorable experiences in our lives.
We will definitely be coming back to stay again! Thanks so much
Having your own private rooftop terrace was perfect especially when you see all the people lined up to watch the sunset.
The space is very beautiful with breathtaking views at all angels.
Amazing location. Balcony for sunsets is one of best in town. Service was great with wonderful morning breakfasts and daily cleaning.
The interior of the house was also fantastic – very charming and exactly as pictured.
Staff were also great, answering questions and even delivering yummy breakfast goodies each day. Many thanks!
I can not say enough good things about the Helios Cave house.
GREAT location with BEST service!!!
A Dream Vacation Home in Paradise
A unforgettable experience!
Paradise is an understatement! Location is everything!
What a Paradise!
Great location and stay at Helio’s!