Sunset Cave House
Sunset Cave is in the heart of Oia, very close to the center, yet away from the hustle and bustle of the main street. Its location is the perfect Oia accommodation, offering our guests the opportunity to reach the main places of interest of this unique village, shops, galleries, restaurants, cafes, bars, in a minute!
This beautiful Santorini cave house offers one bedroom with a traditionally styled queen bed. Always caring for our guests’ rest and comfort, our top-mattresses are made of a combination of natural rubber, goose down, virgin wool, pure cotton and eucalyptus. All these materials blend, interact and create ideal sleeping conditions. They “embrace” the body, ensuring that even the smallest curve is fully supported. The sleep experience is enhanced by fluffy feather pillows. The linen is of silk/cotton, and the towels are of the best Egyptian cotton.
The cave house also offers a kitchenette, a bathroom featuring a shower, and a private outdoor Jacuzzi hot tub. The beautiful, peaceful patio, as well as the romantic rooftop terrace, are shared among the 2 other cave houses Sunset Apartment and Sunset Studio, as these three cave houses were originally one house. They offer our guests the opportunity to relax on the comfortable sunbeds and enjoy the amazing view.
There is also a TV. Free WiFi is available in all areas.
In the Sunset Cave, the village of Oia, carved into the volcanic ash at the edge of the Caldera more than 1,500 years ago, welcomes you in one of its original, traditional cave houses. People here used to literally carve their houses underground or into the cliffs to be protected from the wind, the cold, the summer sun, keeping warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This kind of architecture makes the village a unique place on the planet!
Sunset Cave, because of its singularity, has been preserved exactly as it was originally built. It is a real bioclimatic house, offering all modern amenities!
Maria, wanting her guests to get the most out of your vacation, will give you all kinds of tips and suggestions about special places to visit, beautiful “secret” beaches, restaurants and bars, unique little shops, so that you get the feeling of Santorini not just as tourists and visitors do, but experience it as the island’s inhabitants. Also, once during their stay, she offers her guests a special treat: wine, snacks or a plate of traditional desserts or other delicacies, to enjoy relaxing on the patio or the rooftop terrace!
- Sea and sunset view
- Rooftop terrace
- Private outdoor hot tub (Jacuzzi) up to 37 Celsius! Not available from December 01th to March 15th.
- Air conditioning
- 1 bedroom
- Satellite tv
- CD player
- Wi Fi accessible in all areas (indoors-outdoors)
- Maid service daily (April-October), twice a week (Nov-Mar), change sheet, bath and beach towels every three days
- Excellent quality bed linen and towels
- Free public parking is possible at a location nearby
- Baggage carrying from our meeting point, the parking of the Post office or K.E.P. in Oia, opposite cafe TRAMONTO, to the residence location.
- Checking in time is at 15:00 at the earliest and checking out time is 11.00 at the latest
- A welcome assortment of bottled mineral water, wine, juice and fruits upon arrival
- Breakfast provisions: honey, butter, marmalade, toasts, sugar, milk, cereal, as well as fruits, yoghurt, tea and 3 kinds of coffee, all packaged in portions following the instructions given by the WHO organization and the Greek Government. Enjoy breakfast on your private terrace with an amazing Caldera view
- Children are welcome
- By showing our Special Privilege Card, you have discounts/free desserts/shots to a few of the best restaurants in Oia and other towns in Santorini.
- One child under 4 years old, stays for free
- For standard rate at the time of booking 20% prepayment is required to secure your booking. The remaining balance 80% will be charged 14 days prior to your arrival.
– Cancellation Policy
For standard rate in case of cancellation 14 days prior to your arrival the deposit 20% is refundable (excluding the banking fees). If cancelled later than 14 days prior to arrival 100% of the total reservation amount is non refundable.
Please read carefully the Notices about the properties
NOTIFICATION NUMBER: 1183424